Friday, April 6, 2012

Weekend with J!

My friend J- (way back from my days at CAMP NABS) came to Dubai for a short visit over from Hydrabad, India......



 Let the FUN BEGIN!






We had a great weekend of sightseeing and getting lost around the city in search of camel races.  Had an evening at Wild Wadi water park, strolled through the Dubai Mall in search of Taco Bell... which has now gone out of business... NOT COOL.  And even the Mall of the Emirates for a wonderful roast beef sandwich from Hardees. (I no longer take anything for granted, being that J lives in INDIA... my experience with Delhi Belly... no thank you, I would never make it.) 


We also went dune bashing and spent a night desert camping!  There were a few times we had to dig the cars out of the sand and even took out a bush at one point, but driving in the sand couldn't have been more fun.  We were just glad Kingsley is a good desert driver.  Later in the evening we almost couldn't find our way back to the campsite, since it got dark and well everything looked the same... rolling hills of nothing but sand.  Luckily 50 some FJ cruisers pulled up, a local caravan of Emirates, helped us get unstuck and we magically found our way.  We stayed up all night sitting by the campfire in the middle of nowhere...talking with friends, drinking, listening to the guys on guitar, and playing with Jackie and Sean's kiddos, great times.




The following day we drove out and back to the road (which seemed like a uber easy task since as we were driving in and looking for the most "perfect" campsite spot I thought to myself we were for sure never getting out of there alive). It was one of my most favorite weekends in Dubai and I am so glad J was able to share it with me. Now it looks like I really need to give India another shot and get back there soon... Hydrabad anyone?


J & Sha take on the Ginormous Sand Dunes!!!!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for hosting me, sha, it was such a good time!! your friends and city are great, thanks for sharing them with me. (especially the hardees!) i'm secretly hoping you're still in dubai when i start my tour in Abu Dhabi in December 2013.

    ReplyDelete